Friday, August 21, 2020

Some Useful Wisdom

Click to enlarge

I've been going through things that I've collected over the years, I really have too much stuff, and found this in a drawer.  I forget how I came to have it, but MLK was once a revered figure in The Episcopal Church [the first non-Episcopalian to be included on our calendar of lesser feast days] and it was not uncommon for his wisdom to be presented at gatherings designed to address issues of church and society. 

It is sometimes forgotten by academics, politicians, and the media that King acted as a Christian focused on reconciling the Gospel and the world to the best of his ability, rather than as a generic, political "community organizer".  I rather wish some of the louder voices in our current age would take a moment to contemplate his approach.  - Fr. Clements +

No comments:

Post a Comment